Sunday, September 10, 2017
Seventh Year of Projects - Week 11
Another weekly update here! My Tour-de-Sock Stage 6 socks have kicked my tail and done me in! These have been the most difficult, challenging socks I have (tried to) knit! They involved stranded knitting with three colors together (and four once you get to the heel flap - I didn't get that far...)! And use the Jacquard laddering method to catch the floats. I enjoyed learning the Jacquard method, but the three colors really slowed me down! I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not finish these socks! I got the cuff completed and got part way through the first charts beyond the cuff (but did not take a picture). I am afraid that these have been frogged. I may revisit them at a later time - we shall see, but for now they are frogged and gone. Here is what the cuff looked like:
I had made myself a personal challenge to complete all six stages during the allotted time, and even though I failed at that I can say this year is my personal best in all of the Tours I have participated in. I finished four pair during the allotted time frame and finished the fifth pair within a few days of the cut off for that stage. I am happy to have five new pretty pair of socks!! And I learned several new knitting techniques. Who knows - maybe next year I will complete all six pair! If not, at least I plan to try again!! Here are my five completed Tour-de-Sock socks!
So since I threw in the towel on Thursday afternoon (the pattern was released on Sunday morning - yeah - four and a half days of knitting (not all day each day, but many hours) and all I had to show was a cuff and a little bit more - seriously like eight rounds more) I "had" to work on something else! So I picked up some other knitting to fill the time! I worked on my September BAMKAL alternate square and got that one finished.
Then I cast on the September BAMKAL Main square and made some progress.
I also spent some time working on my Temperature Scarf (which has been neglected for some time). I last did my two rows on June 29th... Now I am up to ... I plan to work on this for a bit more and hope to get completely caught up again! This is why I did not choose to make a temperature blanket!! Two rounds in a scarf a day is a doable catch up but I would never have kept up with a blanket!! My recent progress is from the two orange markers: