Sunday, September 24, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 13


Another week of progress to report although it was a busy week at school and I did not get time to craft as much as I would have liked (it looks like a lot but the crochet squares go fairy quickly!!)

I kept at it with my Temperature Scarf and am now all caught up!  This past week's progress is from the two orange markers forward.


And I kept working on my BAMCAL squares.  My original plan was to do all the squares in blues, white, and black combinations, but I am running low on most of the blues I had in stash.  So now the plan is to use the squares made in the first six months to make one afghan all in the original color scheme and for the remaining six months of the year I will use all sorts of random colors I have in my stash to make a second afghan.  July is already done in the original colors, but the rest will be mixed now with whatever I have in my stash.

Here is what I finished this past week:

My August Main 12 inch BAMCAL square:


My August Alternate 12 inch BAMCAL square:


My four August 6 inch BAMCAL squares:


My September Main 12 inch BAMCAL square (I think the brown is too dark here...):



My September Alternate 12 inch BAMCAL square:



My September 6 inch BAMCAL square was just not coming out right.  In order to keep it close to 6 inches I needed to go down to a 4mm hook - with worsted weight yarn it was killing my hands and was still coming out too large...  So I gave up on that idea and went up to my usual 5mm hook and I will turn this into another 12 inch square.  I am part way through it now and am much happier with the process and I think it will look great as a larger square!  Here is where I am at now (it will be complete later this morning).


Once I have this last September square complete I can cast on my Selbu mittens (the first design in a Selbu Mitten Club!!  We shall see how much I get done on that by next Sunday!  I'm not sure which color combination I will use for the first pair, but my choices are here:


My page of current projects for this YOP can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP - Year 7 (or to join up yourself - it is never too late!) check out the Ravelry group over here.

7 comments:

  1. Look at all those squares. While I know squares do not take huge amounts of time to do, it still takes time and with the number of squares you completed, you have really used your down time wisely. I like the idea of 2 blankets. The yarn for your mittens is very pretty. I am sure, what every combination you choose, they will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your squares are gorgeous and the scarf is coming along a treat. I love the look of the selbu mittens but I'm not sure I would make them all. I have treated myself to her pumpkin spice mittens instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your squares are beautiful, Karen! And your scarf is looking great, too. I love the colors you've chosen to do that in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful designs in those squares! You got a lot done. It is amazing what different colors used in different places or combinations can make the same square look totally different.
    I can't wait to see the mittens! I faved the temperature scarf as I h ave always wanted to do one....loving your colors! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen :) The squares are lovely! I especially like your sunflower-looking one! The scarf looks great too, great job on catching up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice looking squares - I especially like the flowery ones!

    You've got a tough decision ahead of you, choosing colours for your Selbu mitts. I suppose it depends on whether you want bright or neutral, and how much contrast you want. I'd be tempted by the white and dark red myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see all your squares put into blankets (or whatever). They are all so beautiful. I really like the daisy one. Very clever pattern.

    ReplyDelete