Sunday, October 1, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 14


And here we are for another week!!  I am amazed that I am keeping up with this every week so far this year!!  WOW!

So this week I finished my last September BAMCAL square.  I modified the 6 inch square and made it into a 12 inch square as I could not get gauge for the 6 inch.  I love the modified square I made!!  Here it is:


And since I got all caught up on my projects I was determined to catch up on I treated myself to a new cast on!  I signed up for a Selbu Mitten Club a little while back and am finally getting to casting on the first pair.  The first ones were released in the late summer, and the regular club mittens (three additional pair) are released September 1st, October 1st, and November 1st.  I cast on the first pair earlier this week and made some great progress!  I am enjoying this knit and look forward to casting on the second pair.  I was hoping to be caught up and ready to cast on the October 1st mittens on the 1st, but it didn't happen.  At least I should be able to make them in October!

The first pair of  Selbu Mittens is complete!!



My page of current projects for this YOP can be found here.

To read other blogs taking part in YOP - Year 7 (or to join up yourself - it is never too late!) check out the Ravelry group over here.

14 comments:

  1. Love the mittens! I bought some yarn in Norway to make authentic Norwegian mittens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a really nice pattern - written by a Norwegian (who lives in London right now). Well written and it explains things in a lot of detail - assumes people aren't familiar with knitting mittens.

      Delete
  2. Your Selbu mittens are beautiful! The colorwork looks so intricate. And your square turned out nice, too. I'm impressed with how well you are keeping up with the BAM CAL. I had such good intentions about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised at how well I am keeping up!!

      Delete
  3. The square is very cute but those mittens........LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are 'blazing' through your projects and so glad you are still posting! Your projects are not easy ones either. Those mittens would take me a year or more! LOL! They are gorgeous and so is your BAMCAL block! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mittens, they are gorgeous. And that square looks so nice as well, I could picture an entire blanket of those, it should be lovely and uplifting in the dark months ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! An entire afghan in that square would be very nice!!

      Delete
  6. Those mittens are a work of art to be framed for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the mittens are gorgeous - I am very tempted to get them for gifts next year. I'm hoping to cast on the pumpkin spice latte mittens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Her pumpkin spice latte mittens are great too!! (and I am not even a pumpkin spice fan!! LOL)

      Delete