Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WIP-it down

I need to work on a system of sorts to try to get to all my WIPs so that they all get to completion.  I find that I often have several WIPs that get put aside and collect dust once a new WIP catches my attention.  I suspect I have crafting ADD!!  So what I plan to do on a semi-regular basis is make sure everything gets a chance to be worked on.  First I will list all my WIPs and assign a number to each of them.  Then I will go to random.org and select a number between 1 and 11 - this number is the project I will have to work on.  I will roll the numbers again selecting a number between 1 and 60 to select how many minutes I will work on the selected project.

For April this is what I will tackle first.  I  will add more to the list as I knock some off the list!
1) 12 Days of Christmas - Day 4
2) BAMCAL 12 inch square
3) BAMCAL 12 inch filler square
4) BAMCAL 6 inch square (four of them)
5) G socks (part way done sock number one)
6) Mindless afghan
7) Raspberry Dreams Stole
8) Around the World Quiltghan
9) Pet snuggles
10) LTK (working on LTK 53 right now)
11) Sojourn Falls Scarf

I ran this today and drew 52 minutes to work on the 6 inch BAMCAL squares, then 36 minutes on the Raspberry Stole (see this works as I have not worked on this for ages!), and then 17 minutes on the BAMCAL 12 inch square.  This will be my schedule of crafting for when I get home from work today!

2 comments:

  1. Oh - I do love this method of work allocation! I get a lot of WIPs going at once too. I may have to steal your idea :P

    ReplyDelete