Sunday, February 11, 2018

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 33


Back for another weekly update on my Year of Projects!  I can hardly believe that I have posted every week for 33 weeks now!!  WOW!

I have focused on two projects this past week and have made some decent progress on each!

First my Rowe Cardigan is coming along nicely.  I have completed the five inches of ribbing on the back and have also completed the first 34 rows on the cable pattern.  Written this way it does not sound like a lot, but it actually is a decent amount when you look at it!  I suspect I am so used to working with fingering weight and small needles that worsted weight and larger needles have rows going a lot faster!!  So far I am thoroughly enjoying the knit!!


The second clue in the Solid Socks Mystery Design was released on Thursday morning and I have been working on that in the second half of the week.  I have the second clue complete on the first sock and have finished round 30 of 53 on the second sock.  I hope to have the second leg complete by the end of today or sometime tomorrow so I can get back to the cardigan for a few days before the third clue comes out!  This will look much nicer once it is on the sock blockers (or a leg) to show off the pretty lace!  It looks a bit scrunchy and bunchy here...


I was looking at some pictures of people's Find Your Fade Shawl and I am not entirely happy with the yarns I dyed to make mine.  My color fades are not quite subtle enough for my liking (I think).  I am mulling over the idea of frogging it and starting over with newly dyed yarns that are closer in colors.  That is a decision I will leave until later!

I hope everyone has an amazing week!!

6 comments:

  1. That sweater is going to be gorgeous.

    I like those beads on the socks. It really adds some interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh look at those squooshy cables in Rowe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the socks are so pretty! Can't wait to see the cardigan done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beginning of that sweater is awesome! And your socks - so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sweater! Did you get the book or just the one pattern? Michele Wang is an awesome designer and I would love to get myself some Brooklyn Tweed yarn. Yours is really coming along.
    Your socks are lovely...what a pretty color and design. You have a great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those are gorgeous. Rowe is going to be fabulous and those socks are coming along a treat.

    ReplyDelete