Sunday, July 12, 2020

Tenth Year of Projects - Week 2



I am back for another Year of Projects and I am already a week behind!!  I have attempted the Year of Projects several times now and I don't think I have stuck through it for an entire year yet...  Oh well, I still have fun with it!  I am setting a goal to complete at least 12 projects over the year.  I should be able to meet this goal (hopefully)!


Ongoing works in progress:
1) Sock Scrap-ghan - cast on July 24th 2014 (time to keep moving with this one!!  I originally wanted to make this into an afghan, but have since decided to scale it back to a wrap.  I want something to throw over my shoulders while watching TV in the winter (our living room is cold and drafty!).  It will measure 25x13 little squares.  I currently have 108 squares left to complete!  Many of you may recognize that this is another long term project that has appeared in several YOPs!




2) Stillness Shawl MKAL - this is a mystery knit along by Helen Stewart that I cast on June 25th 2020.  We get one clue each Thursday in July (5 clues are already out and I am up to date on this project!)  I won't post pictures here as it is still a mystery.  I have shown it in detail on my podcast (linked below) so if you wish to see it please take a peek.

3) Tegna - this is a summer sweater that is by Caitlin Hunter.  I cast this on June 28th and am making decent progress on it.  There are more details on my Ravelry project page and I also show off my progress in my podcast this week.  I have been eyeing up this pattern for some time and am happy with the knit so far!  I am done with the lace portion at the hem and am now onto the knit portion - round after round of knit!  




New plans for using stash include:
1) Damejakka Loppa - The Flea Cardigan - I have the yarn for this (just bought it from Holst in Denmark) and am ready to cast it on once I have completed one of my current WIPs.  I love the look of this cardigan!  And I am excited (and scared) to try steeking for the first time!

2) Boxy - I have wanted to make this for some time as well!  I might dye my own yarn for this - we shall see!

Plus I know I will find all sorts of fun things and fun KALs to join along during the year!  I will be participating in Sock Madness (again) so that will generate several sock projects!  I also suspect I will be drawn to some mystery KALs along the way!  

I also spend some time showing my progress on my projects on my podcast.  I just posted a new video on Saturday in case you want to check it out!





My goal for this year is to complete 12 projects!  Let's see if I can!  And let's see if I can finally complete my Scrap-ghan!

10 comments:

  1. I do recognise the blanket - you have done so many squares now! I love tegna and yours is coming along nicely. I will go and check on your stillness now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a podcast! Now I know what I'll be watching tonight while threading heddles :-)
    You've been up to quite a lot these two weeks, but that "shawlghan" looks particularly terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat of starting with great intentions and then falling off along the way. But I have high hopes for this year.
    I love your scrap blanket/wrap, what a happy project, I look forward to seeing it grow.
    And a podcast too! I'll have to check that out, it sounds like a fun way to share ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember your blanket/shawl. I admire anyone working on that pattern. You have some lovely stash acquisitions. The bags and yarn are just great. I like your mystery KAL. I know there is someone else making it, that I follow, but can not remember who. (Old age syndrome) Tegna is pretty and you really got quite a bit done on that this week. So glad to see you back with us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! My favourite would be Tegna, I think. Thanks for linking your podcast, I'd love a peek at your MKAL project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!!! I wrote down your podcast so hopefully I will watch it. I am busy with yard work, garden and inside but I do have to sit down once in awhile! LOL! I remember the blanket but it is lots bigger! I love Helen Stewart patterns so that should be fun. Tegna looks very pretty and the flea cardigan would intimidate me! LOL! Boxy is in my favorites and has been. I think your goals are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognise your scrap blanket and it is coming along. Your lists looks good and seems achievable and I'm glad you are rejoining us this year. The Danish cardigan looks gorgeous in some of the colours done by some of the knitters. I'll let you know how I get on with dyeing my yarn. I love the look of a boxy, but that much knitting on one project isn't for me, but anyone who does make it has my full respect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're back, Karen! Your scrap sock blanket is gorgeous. Love all those vibrant colors. And what a pretty stitch pattern is in that Tegna. I will check out your progress in your podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With the progress you have shown today I am certain you will get those 12 finishes in this yopping year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your sock scrap blanket is looking great. I am also making one but it is very slow going for me. i knit loads of socks but I never get around to putting them in the blanket.

    ReplyDelete