Sunday, September 27, 2020

Tenth Year of Projects - Week 13



Ongoing works in progress:
1) Tegna - I am going to lose yarn chicken...  I have 11 grams left and need to do the neckline plus two sleeves...  Sigh.  I finished knitting the entire body this past week and joined the shoulder seams.  I have also tucked in all the tails!  I had to order a set of smaller needles to do the neckline (I did not have that sizer among all my needles...) and they will arrive tomorrow so I will finish the neckline then.  I am now on the hunt for more yarn!  I contacted the person I bought the yarn from originally and she has no more.  One person on Ravelry had hers listed for sale, but it is already sold.  I have put out an ISO request so hopefully I will find some.  I also suspect I may randomly contact people on Ravelry who have this yarn but have it listed as not for sale - maybe someone will take pity on me and sell me one or two skeins.  I'll update you next week.




Stash Enhancement:
1) I ordered two skeins of West Yorkshire Spinners Christmas colorways - one Holly Berry and one Fairy Lights.  This yarn will become socks soon!!


2) Fibra Natura Lima - I found more of this yarn on clearance at my local Tuesday Morning and plan to make myself a cabled cardigan with it.  I had four skeins at home and bought four more.   



I just posted a new video on Saturday in case you want to check it out!  I would be so happy if you subscribed to my little channel ♥




Please head over to the forum on Ravelry to see what others are up to with their YOPs!

8 comments:

  1. Oh man......I sure hope you can find more of your seater yarn. It is do pretty. Your sock yarn is pretty as are the skeins for the new sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you find someone who'll be happy to sell you some. Tip: write your request personally. I ignore requests that look like they sent the same message to dozens of people. If I heard your tale of woe, though, and I thought you were asking me personally, I'd be more inclined to take notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yarn chicken on a whole sweater is so unfortunate! I hope you are able to find the yarn you need to finish the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worst case is there a contrasting colour available you could do just the sleeves in? Or have it as a sleeveless top? How frustrating for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I feel for you and I pray you are able to find more of your yarn. You have worked so hard on it! I'm sure someone will take pity on you and sell you theirs. I hope you have enough of the blue yarn! I heard it said once that you should always buy one skein more than what you calculate that you need. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know that West Yorkshire makes some other "brighter" color Christmas sock yarn. A friend ordered me the Fairy Lights and I hated it because it's so muted. Confession - I like really vibrant colors. I gave the yarn away. Fortunately I found Lollipop yarns and I'm working on my second pair of Christmas socks (see next week's post.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am wishing you success on your yarn hunt. I am sure something will materialize! Fingers and toes crossed.

    ReplyDelete