Sunday, December 31, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 27


Happy New Year everyone!!  I hope everyone had a nice 2017 and I wish everyone all the best for a wonderful 2018!!

I have a list of things to tackle in the new year!  I plan to finish up some things that should have been completed in 2017, but did not quite make it off the needles.

My list:
1) Block my Advent Scarf - the knitting is complete but the blocking needs doing


2) Finish my Advent Cowl


3) Finish my 2017 Temperature Scarf - I am complete to the end of December 13th...
4) Finish my December BAMKAL squares and assemble the afghan
5) Finish my December BAMCAL squares and assemble the afghan

I am hoping to get all of this crossed off the list by the end of January!

While travelling over the holidays I also cast on a pair of vanilla socks using some of my own hand dyed yarn. I am loving how it is knitting up!  I plan on getting back to those soon as well!


Happy New Year everyone!!  May 2018 be your best year yet!

8 comments:

  1. I yes, blocking - I have a couple to do in the new year too. I always put it off and put it off but then when I actually get to it I enjoy it quite a bit. hmmmm... maybe I should take advantage of this sun and go block one of them right now! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like January is just the right month for finishing... while your resolve is fresh :). Your hand-dyed yarn is knitting up very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The cables in your Advent Scarf look amazing. What a beauty! What fun it must be to knit with yarn you've died yourself. And what fun it will be to wear those socks. Happy New Year, Karen. May 2018 be as productive as 2017 has been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right there with you! This will be my year of finishes I hope! Ticking off those boxes! You've done amazing work this year considering you have a full time career also. Love your socks and your hand-dyed yarn? Amazing! Here's to a wonderful year for all of us! Happy 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year. Your list of goals seem just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look of the cowl, such pretty colors. You mentioned not getting everything done in 2017....you mean there are actually people who do? LOL Been awhile since I've participated in the YOP, the charity jazz got the chunk of time, but still thought I've venture out today to say hi and Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on your January goals! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 2 Advent projects are quite lovely. The pattern on the scarf is just perfect. The color work on the cowl is exquisite. I look forward to seeing you temperature scarf. I would love to do one but living where I do, it would be 90% red LOL. The other projects of yours I am looking forward to seeing are the blankets. I have been watching your squares and know the finished product will be quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete