Sunday, March 25, 2018

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 39


And another week has come and gone! 

I spent the majority of my spare time this past week working on only my Sock Madness Round 1 socks and I managed to get them all finished up late this afternoon - which explains why I delayed posting this blog until now...

What I learned knitting this pattern - I am not a big fan of duplicate stitching...  The end result looks nice, but it was so slow to do and I also have a boat load of tails to tuck in (I need to get onto to those soon or I will never finish them...)

Here is the finished project:



Now I need to wait for about a week until the next pattern comes out.  I think I may work on some crochet pet snuggles to donate to the Humane Society.  I want to use up my old acrylic stash and this is a quick and easy way to do so.  I'll post some pictures of what I do with them (assuming I do work on them) next week.  And I plan to get some more work done on my Rowe Cardigan.

Until next week!!

6 comments:

  1. Great socks......sorry about all those ends. My least favorite part too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The socks are cute but no, duplicate stitching is no fun! Nor is weaving in ends!

    I had to follow the link to find out what "pet snuggles" are. Looks like a great way to use up acrylic stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are wonderful. I'm afraid I don't know what duplicate stitching is, but if it makes lots of ends I appreciate that you may not be a fan of it. I create lots of ends in some of my crochet project, but I can't imagine dealing with them in thin sock yarn. I have to say, though... the cuteness factor of those socks is surely worth it. I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those socks are so darling and you did such a beautiful job. I love the colors you chose too. The pet snuggles sound like a great contribution to the poor homeless animals that abound. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are fabulous and I hope worth all the ends! I don't like duplicate stitching either!

    ReplyDelete