Sunday, July 15, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 3


Back for another week!  I have not made as much visible progress as last week, but I have been busy with work stuff...  I did spend all of my knitting time on my Plan A socks - the Stage One pattern for Tour de Sock.  I am about half to two thirds of the way through the gusset decreases (two thirds through one and about half done the second sock).  The Stage Two pattern will be out at noon (1pm in my time zone) on Wednesday so I am hoping to have these bound off by then so I can get a point for finishing within the allowed competition time frame. 

Here is what the socks look like right now - my yarn choice is not the best match for this pretty design...  I am hoping it shows up a bit better once it is all finished and on my feet! 


On Sunday afternoon we went to a nearby reservoir and plopped our lawn chairs down in a shady spot and just sat and enjoyed nature - it was lovely!!  Lots of people out on kayaks enjoying the nice weather.



Until next week everyone!! 

13 comments:

  1. Your socks are really coming along...you're fast! They look like ruffles or bobbles on them. Lovely place for your lawn chairs! Where do you live? It's so hot here I can't stand being outside...I'm a northern gal although they're hot now too. Have a great week and I hope you get credit for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The socks are a lace pattern. Next week (once they are done) I'll post a better picture of the stitches :) We live in south central Pennsylvania - close to the Maryland border.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for staying with the lead group on the tour! Lovely water view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your socks. Fingers crossed you make your timeline.

    What a lovely view. It is sooooo hot here. I only spend time outside if I can be IN the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The view was so nice! I hope I finish on time too!!

      Delete
  4. Great progress on your socks! Keeping fingers crossed that you can finish them in time, and I'm really curious to see the finished socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing your finished socks, Karen. And what a wonderful spot to just sit a spell. I confess... the idea of driving somewhere beautiful just to sit and enjoy the view has never occurred to me. When we've gone to places like this I have the sense that we should be "doing something". But we're getting to a stage where hiking isn't so easy, and neither of us wants to camp. I feel silly saying this, but I feel like you just woke up possibilities for me! We could just drive there (wherever there is), pull out our chairs and sit a spell. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The texture on those socks look really interesting, look forward to seeing them finished. That looks a great spot to relax in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on those socks, I'm looking forward to seeing them once they are finished.

    That reservoir looks lovely, what a pretty spot to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The socks are coming right along! (And I love that some of the cost benefits Doctors Without Borders.) The reservoir visit sounds relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lake sounds lovely! I need to find a place like that to just relax, unfortunately we also need a mosquito netting for protection! Can't wait to see the next stage of your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your socks are lovely and the yarn looks just right. What a splendid view.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your socks are looking great and I hope you got them finished in time to get a point. Looking forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete