Sunday, July 1, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 1


I am back for another Year of Projects!!  Last year was my best year - in terms of posting almost every week!  I did not stick to my list as well as I could have, but I did manage to create a lot!  I used up quite a bit of stash and finished several WIPs that I had hanging around the apartment.  This upcoming year I plan to have just as much fun as last year!  I also am setting a goal to complete at least 12 projects over the year.  I should be able to meet this goal!

Ongoing works in progress:
1) Lambs and Chickens and Bunnies, Oh My! - cast on April 23rd 2017 (one sock complete although I am suspecting I may leave this as a single sock and will likely never finish the second sock...  Maybe I should make myself a collection of single socks as an art display?)


2) Sock Scrap-ghan - cast on July 24th 2014 (time to keep moving with this one!!  I currently have 101 squares complete!  Many of you may recognize that this is another long term project that slid through YOP7 without much love)



3) Rowe Cardigan - I cast this on early in 2018 and am very close to having the back complete now.  I need to get back to working on this one as I would like to have it ready to wear this upcoming winter!!


4) Miriam Socks (Tour-de-Sock 2018 Warm-Up pattern)


New plans for using stash include:
1) Stole of Many Minis - I'll use my sock leftovers for this one and will need to find a dark contrasting color as well (hopefully stash!) 
2) 198 Yards of Heaven - use Cascade yarn (this has been on my YoP list several years now - maybe this year I will get it done!!
3) Like a Cloud - use Misti Alpaca (and the lace weight I ordered the other day...)
4) Vertices Unite - use some of my existing sock yarn stash for this one - I have plenty!
5) Pet Snuggles - I plan to continue making these over the next year.  My goal is 12 (or one a month).  This is a great way to use up my old acrylics!

Plus I know I will find all sorts of fun things and fun KALs to join along during the year!  I will be participating in Tour de Sock (again) and Sock Madness (again) so those two will generate several sock projects!  I also suspect I will be drawn to some mystery KALs along the way!  

My goal for this year is to complete 24 projects!  Let's see if I can keep up the same pace as last year!

10 comments:

  1. A single sock art display would be awesome! And fun. And that sock is so cute!!! And your Rowe Cardigan is just beautiful. That is going to be a real pleasure to see here when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that single sock, and yes, it's definitely a good starter for an art display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sock is art! How darling that is and an art display would be awesome. The blanket is really coming along and your Rowe sweater will definitely keep you warm with all those cables! I can't wait to see your other projects take shape...you did so well last year....you're my role model this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Miriam socks are so pretty! The yarn colours are delicious! I love the colourwork sock too - it really is a masterpiece - but all that colourwork would give me second sock syndrome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wear mismatched socks. My DIL never wears matching socks. Her patients love seeing what she wears when they come in. I am still in love with your Rowe cardigan. It looks quite time consuming but you seem to get quite a lot done in a short amount of time. Good luck on the stash busting this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a single sock art installation. That is a very cute sock and would look great framed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the single sock, I think a display of single socks would make an awesome art installation! I just love that Rowe cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sock looks too pretty to wear anyway! I love your enthusiasm for the coming year and I can't wait to see all that you create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Rowe cardigan looks gorgeous, I'm sure it will be done for the winter. And I have like a cloud on my radar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Lefty crafter, mismatched socks are a thing. Companies are even selling them that way, for a good amount of money too! I love your Rowe cardigan, I have cardigan on my list too. I'm hoping to be able to wear it this fall. As always I'm enjoying your sock projects!

    ReplyDelete