Sunday, July 22, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 4


Hello everyone!!  Back for another weekly update on my projects!  I had a pretty productive week!

First I finished my Plan A Socks for Stage 1 of Tour de Sock.  I did finish them in time to qualify for a point!  I am not really that competitive in this competition and never expect to win anything, but it is nice to get a few points!  I was quite disappointed with my yarn choice for this pattern.  It does not show off the pattern at all.  I have two more 50 gram skeins of this in blue and four in shades of brown.  I suspect I will just do simple vanilla socks with the rest of the yarn.  Here is what my finished socks look like (the stitch markers are showing the end of each repeat) and a close up of the stitch detail:



And Stage 2 - Odensjon Socks - began on Wednesday.  I am really enjoying this pattern!  But I am finding something interesting with the yarn.  I am using some Madelinetosh twist light that I bought somewhere quite some time ago and there is a clear difference in the color from one end of the skein to the other.  I caked up the skein and am knitting from the middle and the outside at the same time (I like to knit my socks two at a time in tandem).  The middle is more of a light blue/gray and the outside is clearly quite a lot lighter a shade of gray.  Weird!!  Either this skein is one long super gradual gradient or there was a fair bit more color at one end.  Oh well.  Maybe this Tour will be my one with some kind of "issue" with every yarn choice I make :)  Anyway, I managed to get to the end of both heel turns before I hit the hay last night.  Today I will move on to the gussets and the feet.  I suspect I will have these done by next week's update!


I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!  Take care and I'll see you next Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Your socks a so beautiful!
    Looking forward to your YOP posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too bad the yarn and pattern did not work as well as you had hoped. The new socks are gorgeous. What a great pattern. I think the slightly different shades is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on getting the first pair finished and in getting the point. I like the texture they appear to give from a distance and then close up you discover a pretty laceish pattern. The second pair is a great pattern but a definite difference in colour going on there, weird for sure! Looking forward all the same to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern on the Plan A socks is very pretty, but I agree that the yarn makes it harder to appreciate. They look very snuggly, though. Can't wait to see the second pair done! I don't think anyone would notice the difference in the colors when they're being worn and that looks like the perfect pairing of yarn and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, not all yarns and patterns are a match made in heaven! LOL! Your last socks really so show off the pattern and it is beautiful! Love the yarn too regardless. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done TdS but I do TdF so it's probably good that I don't attempt both (though I know some that do). Then again, I'm also super slow with sock knitting so it's also probably good that I don't do TdS for that reason, also :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still really like the first pair, I love what the yarn has done at the heel and toe, but I guess that would've happened with vanilla socks. Love the pattern on the last socks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez, that’s very different from one end of the skein to the other. That would really annoy me, although I suppose a light neutral like that would highlight even the slightest shift in hue.

    Cute pattern! And we’ll done to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Odensjon socks are beautiful, but that's weird indeed that there'd be such a difference in colors in both ends of the yarn. Especially if you weren't expecting it. Both colors are beautiful, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Odensjon socks inspite of the colour difference. It's weird how this happens sometimes, I've had that too with a skein some years ago. I didn't mind much because it was just some cheapo yarn and the socks I made were more of a "wear in bed for really cold winters" kind.

    ReplyDelete