Sunday, August 16, 2020

Tenth Year of Projects - Week 7


This week has given me two more finished objects and some progress on my other two projects!  


Finished Object:
1) Mini Sweaters - I have joined a group (Wayfaring Yarns Designs and Sweater Sisters Designs) for their annual mini sweater knit along. Each week on Monday they email out a pattern for a mini sweater (4 in total).  Two weeks have passed since they began, and I now have two finished mini sweaters!  They are so stinking cute! Tomorrow will bring out the third pattern!  I enjoy working on these!!  I am using scraps of my own hand dyed fingering weight yarn and 2.5mm needles.

Mini Sweater #1
 Mini Sweater #1

Mini Sweater #2


Ongoing works in progress:

1) Sock Scrap-ghan - I managed to add 4 more squares to my scrap wrap!  I now need to add 62 more squares to get this to completion. 

2) Tegna - this is a summer sweater by Caitlin Hunter.  I cast this on June 28th and am making decent progress on it.  I have added roughly another three inches of stockinette this week.  It is still a long way from completion, but I am making progress!  It is about 15 inches from the cast on edge now (unblocked).  I''ll post an updated picture next week as it still looks much the same as it did last week.

I also refelted the coasters since the hubby got the dryer fixed and they did felt down a little bit more.  I am calling them 100% done now.  They are still a bit wonky, but I am fine with that ♥

I also spend some time showing my progress on my projects on my podcast.  I just posted a new video on Friday in case you want to check it out!  I would be so happy if you subscribed to my little channel ♥



Please head over to the forum on Ravelry to see what others are up to with their YOPs!

23 comments:

  1. Congrats on the FO's! Will they fit a doll or are they for decoration?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are each about 5 inches tall. They would likely fit a doll, but I have no dolls! I plan to make more and create a garland with them!

      Delete
  2. How fun. Those are so cute! Will you use them as ornaments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will make more and create a garland with them!

      Delete
  3. Does the sock scrap blanket get too hot and heavy as you go along? I know some people make squares and then join them which sounds like more finishing than I would be able to do-knowing myself and all-but working it in one piece kind of takes away from the portability doesn't it? I am going to have to blog about this since I have so many questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get hot, but thankfully it is not very heavy. Lately I have been working on it in front of my computer so I keep all the fabric on top of my desk (not on my lap) and knit that way. Once it cools down again I will work on it on my lap.

      Delete
  4. Those sweaters are so darn cute. They would look sweet on a Christmas tree or make enough of them for an Advent calendar. I have made them in the past and loved doing it. They are quick and have so many variations. Your Tegna is really coming along. Putting 3 inches a week on it is good. I will be interested in seeing how you adjust the arms. I have the same 'dainty' arms as you. I think it is one reason I do not make sweater for myself. The arm holes and upper arm never fits right. Looks like your wrap is doing well also. How nice to have something that you can look at a remember all the items you have made in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting closer to needing to figure out the arm hole issue now!

      Delete
  5. I love those little sweaters! They would be so cute as Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The minature sweaters are truly adorable! I think a garland of them would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the garland is my first choice for them!

      Delete
  7. I have those sweaters to knit as well, but it has been too hot here to even think about going through my leftover stash to start one. Yours are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to cooler temperatures too!

      Delete
  8. I love those wee jumpers, last year I made an advent garland with mini mittens, this year I am doing hats so maybe next year will be mini jumpers. It’s fun and I look forward to seeing what this weeks is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have advent mittens on my list to make one year also!! They are miniatures and use knit picks palette yarn.

      Delete
  9. Those little sweaters are so cute! Good job on forging ahead on your big projects too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoy having a small number of WIPs!

      Delete
  10. What do you do with all those mini sweaters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to make a garland out of them to use as a decoration in my craft room ♥

      Delete
  11. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete