Sunday, August 9, 2020

Tenth Year of Projects - Week 6

 


This week has given me a finished object, a new cast on, and some progress on my other two projects!  

Finished Object:
1) Felted Coasters - This was a fun, quick, and easy project!  It is a pattern by Berroco and used up most a a worsted weight skein of 100% wool from my stash.  I made six coasters and tossed them in my washing machine - the water does not get overly hot so I tossed them into the dryer to decide if they needed another run through.  Then my dryer died...  It is a used one we bought second hand four years ago.  The heating coil went. We ordered a new coil and hopefully it will be here soon so the hubby can fix it. Then I will run the coasters through the wash and dry once more to felt them down a bit more - they are a drop too big now...  
 
Before Felting
After Felting (once)

Ongoing works in progress:

1) Sock Scrap-ghan - I managed to add 8 more squares to my scrap wrap!  I now need to add 66 more squares to get this to completion. Here is an updated picture (the stitch markers - if you can see them - are the squares I added in the past week.



2) 
Tegna - this is a summer sweater by Caitlin Hunter.  I cast this on June 28th and am making decent progress on it.  I have added roughly another inch of stockinette this week.  It is still a long way from completion, but I am making progress!  It is about 12 inches from the cast on edge now (unblocked).


3) Mini Sweater #1 - I have joined a group (Wayfaring Yarns Designs and Sweater Sisters Designs) for their annual mini sweater knit along. Each week on Monday they email out a pattern for a mini sweater (4 in total).  This is my progress on sweater #1.  I have to add in the sleeves and it is all done!  I imagine I should get it finished this afternoon.  Tomorrow will bring out the second pattern!  I enjoy working on these!!  I am using scraps of my own hand dyed fingering weight yarn and 2.5mm needles.

I also spend some time showing my progress on my projects on my podcast.  I just posted a new video on Friday in case you want to check it out!  I would be so happy if you subscribed to my little channel ♥




Please head over to the forum on Ravelry to see what others are up to with their YOPs!

19 comments:

  1. Only 66 to go, you are flying now! And Tegna is looking fantastic, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sock scrap ghan is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ♥ It really is coming along nicely!

      Delete
  3. I love that Tenga sweater. I have it in my favorites.

    Econ prof!! Love it. Wish Econ was a required course in HS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree with you on the econ in HS!! ♥

      Delete
  4. I love the mini sweater. Anything done in miniature is so sweet. Your Tegna is so pretty and I think the color is perfect for the design. That scarp wrap is coming along and it won't be long before it is done. I hope your heating coil arrives this week so the coasters can get the felting they so deserve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ♥ I hope the heating coil comes soon too!

      Delete
  5. Caitlin is one of my fav designers. How did I not know about a mini sweater kal? I love making mini sweaters for christmas tree decorations and for luggage identifiers. I will definitely have to track this KAL done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love her designs too! This is my first one I have knit though! If you search WayfaringYarns Designs on Facebook you can probably get late added to the emailing list!

      Delete
  6. That miniature jumper is sooo cute, I love the pattern. I’m intrigued you add your new squares in an interesting order (not straight rows) is that a decision based on the colours you want to go where, or is it to do with it being easier to add them vertically and horizontally next to another at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an odd way to add my squares! I explain it a bit better in my podcast (episode 028)

      Delete
  7. You are on a roll! Tegna is so pretty and I love the edging at the bottom. The coasters are so cute but sorry about your dryer. The little sweater is too cute!!! You go girl on your scrapghan....it is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a fair amount of felting already! Hope you get your drying fixed soon, though. How many times can I say Tegna is just beautiful. The color, the lacey edging... sigh. And oh my goodness! That tiny sweater is so cute. And perfectly knit - of course. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mini sweater is as cute as can be. Sorry to hear your dryer died. I hope it is easily fixable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881
    ®

    ReplyDelete