Sunday, July 23, 2017
And here we are back for the fourth week in a row!! Let's see how long I can keep up!!
This past week I only worked on my Tour-de-Sock Stage 1 Socks. This is a nice pattern and has some interesting twists to it! The heel was one I have never done before so that was fun! It is toe-up which is not my preferred method - actually it is fine - I just have less practice with toe-up designs. Sock number one has the leg complete and is ready for the cuff; sock number two has two and a half repeats left to do on the leg and the cuff. I like to knit my socks two at a time in tandem - one toe, second toe, first foot, second foot, ... Here is where I am after nearly a week of knitting on these:
I need to locate my sock blockers for some better pictures once these are complete!!
My other projects have taken a back seat this past week. I have not done anything else craft-wise at all!
Stage 2 begins on Tuesday afternoon so I want to have my Stage 1 socks complete and hope to get some progress made on the second pair! Tune in next week and see what I worked on!
Sunday, July 16, 2017
Back again! I am back home from the conference and have a progress report.
I made some excellent progress on John's Socks - that 6+ hour train ride allows for some serious knitting time! My knitting from the orange to the green marker is what I did after last Sunday until I got home from the conference and from the green marker onward was from the last few days after I got home. I am happy with my progress on these!!
And once I got back home I picked up my Find Your Fade Shawl and managed to make some progress with that as well! I have finished with the second color and have melted in the third color. Maybe you will see color number four next week - stay tuned and see!! The rows are getting longer every two rows so the going seems to be slowing down now. At the end of color number four the row lengths stabilize and there is no more increasing without a cancelling decrease. Here is what my Fade looks like now:
Saturday morning marked the beginning of Tour-de-Sock - I have been participating in this challenge for several years now (I think this is year four or five for me now!). I had actually forgot it was beginning on Saturday morning and did not take yarn with me when I went out of town for the weekend (worked on John's socks instead) so I plan to cast those on this evening. Each round lasts ten days and I am going to try to complete all six rounds on schedule (even though my Stage 1 will only have 8 days...) Check back with me in another week and see what I got done! I am suspecting I will spend time on my Fade and the Stage 1 socks - we shall see! I am using some of my own hand dyed for this round of the contest:
Sunday, July 9, 2017
I'm back again with my second post! I spent most of the first half of the week working on my Find Your Fade and made some serious progress! I am finished the first color and have six rows to go on the second color before I am ready to add in the third color. We shall see how much I get done once I get back to it later this upcoming week!! That little splash of blue is where I left off from my last update.
I was also traveling to a conference and took John's Vanilla Socks as I wanted something nice and mindless for my many hours of train travel. I managed to get quite a lot done! I am working on the gusset decreases on the first sock! The marker shows where I was when I left home on Thursday morning! I will be able to get more done on this one over the next couple evenings and on the way home on Wednesday!
This post is short and sweet! I'll (hopefully) have more to report on next week after I am back home!
Sunday, July 2, 2017
I have decided to join the Seventh Year of Projects blogging adventure! I joined up in the very First Year and managed to get a few projects done. I again joined the Third Year and suspect I accomplished even less. And I joined up for the Fourth Year, Fifth Year, and Sixth Year too and was not so successful. Now I am joining up for Year 7 and we shall see how I do! I am convinced that I overestimated my ability to finish up all the projects I chose! My projects are mostly knit and my plan is to use only stash to see how much I can use over the next year! I am going to try for completing 12 projects - one a month!
Ongoing works in progress:
1) Find Your Fade - using hand dyed by me yarn - cast on July 1st 2017 and I have section one complete. I plan to work on this one a fair bit over the next couple days - I am eager to get onto my second color!! The first picture shows the colors I will be using - beginning with the lighter pink on the bottom. I cast on yesterday and have completed Section 1. Lots to go yet!! I hope to work on this one some over the next several days. I am excited to fade into the second color!! Maybe I'll get to that later tonight!
|Find My Fade colors!|
|Find My Fade progress|
2) John's Vanilla Socks (no pattern) - cast on June 26th 2017. I have to travel for a conference later this week - 6-8 hours of train time each way - hope to make some serious progress on this pair!
3) Temperature Scarf - began January 1st and will finish around December 31. I have finished this up to the end of June 29th. I should try to catch up again! Plus I should get to tucking in the tails (about two weeks worth)
4) Cocoa Coffee - cast on May 29th 2016! I had this on my YOP list last year and have made virtually no progress since then! Might be time to frog this!!
5) Lambs and Chickens and Bunnies, Oh My! - cast on April 23rd 2017 One sock complete and the second needs making!
6) Sock Scrap-ghan - cast on July 24th 2014 It is time to keep moving with this one!! I currently have 95 squares complete! I have not worked on this much in many months now!!
7) BAMCAL squares - Monthly crochet squares that will turn into one or two afghans by the end of 2017. Complete to the end of June.
8) BAMKAL squares - Monthly knit squares that will turn into one or two afghans by the end of 2017. Complete to the end of June.
New plans for using stash include (and if time permits I hope to add more to this list):
1) Summer Shawlette - use Berroco Comfort Solids and Heathers
2) Elva Shawl - use Manos del Uruguay (need to buy the pattern)
3) Casu Cowl - use Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Alpaca Dance
4) Abundance Table Runner - use Bernat Soy
5) 198 Yards of Heaven - use Cascade yarn