I have spent the past week playing catch-up and trying my darnedest not to cast on anything new (aside from the monthly squares that I was behind on!). I think I accomplished a lot!!
This week I managed to finish my September Main BAMKAL square:
and my July Main 12 inch BAMCAL square:
and my July Alternate 12 inch square:
and my four July 6 inch squares:
I also spent some time pinning out and steam blocking (since I used an acrylic yarn I had in my stash for this afghan) ALL of my BAMKAL squares. I also need to take decent pictures of them all and get that updated on my Ravelry project pages. I plan to do that later today. I bought some cream colored yarn that I plan to use as a border on each square - I will crochet these borders on and then I can start sewing them all together. Now that they are blocked I can see that there are a few that are a bit small - the border will work nicely to even out the sizing!
|First dozen pinned out - until I ran out of pins!|
|And the rest of them!|
Before next week I want to be caught up on all my BAMCAL squares and my Temperature scarf so that I can justify casting on a pair of Selbu mittens from the club I signed up for last month (I am behind there too - there is the original pattern plus the September pattern to knit before the October and November patterns are released!) Hopefully I can cast on a pair of those next week!! YAY!!
My page of current projects for this YOP can be found here.
To read other blogs taking part in YOP - Year 7 (or to join up yourself - it is never too late!) check out the Ravelry group over here.