Sunday, November 15, 2020

Tenth Year of Projects - Week 20




Another week!  A finished object and some progress to show on one project.

Finished Object:
1) Sorta Shorty Christmas Socks - They are all done!!  And I love them!!  I have enough yarn to make another pair of shorties if I do a contrasting heel and toe so I suspect I will be doing that one day.  Here they are:



Ongoing works in progress:
1) Slipstravaganza - this is a mystery shawl knit along by Stephen West.  The clues come out every Friday and I cast  this on on October 9th.  I am moving along on Clue #4 now!  The rows are LONG and it might take a few weeks to finish off the last clue (over 900 stitches per row and I have completed 8 out of 49 rows...)  I won't show any pictures of the shawl here because I don't want to spoil the surprise/mystery for anyone, but I do show it in my podcast if you are curious (and there are some pictures on my Ravelry project page).  

I just posted a new video on Saturday in case you want to check it out!  I would be so happy if you subscribed to my little channel ♥


Please head over to the forum on Ravelry to see what others are up to with their YOPs!

12 comments:

  1. That shawl is coming along so nicely. It is going to be a nice big shawl too. Nice job on the shorta shorty socks. Those got done pretty quickly. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ♥ I love the socks and can't wait to finish the shawl!

      Delete
  2. OMG - 900 stitches per row!! That does take a long time to complete a row!! But it will be worth it once it's done.

    Your Christmas socks look so cute and will be fun to wear. I'm hoping to make a "scrappy" shorty sock with leftover Christmas strip yarns paired with red and green minis for contrast toes and heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rows take FOREVER to knit!! Your socks sound like they will be lovely! ♥

      Delete
  3. Very cute socks, Karen. The yarn knitted up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ♥ The yarn was really nice to work with and I love how it looks!

      Delete
  4. 900 stitches per row!!! yikes. I won't complain about my 182 stitch blanket then. I love the socks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The number of stitches is crazy!! My next row will have 920 stitches...

      Delete
  5. Ooh I love your socks, they look very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There’s no way I could manage that many stitches in one row, you have my admiration for continuing with it, but what pictures you’ve shared on your Ravelry do look great so far so seems worth it...but definitely not something I could tackle.

    ReplyDelete