Sunday, December 3, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 23


Week 23!!  I am amazed I have consistently posted every week for 23 weeks now!  WOW!!

I went a little overboard casting on new things the past few days, but I cannot resist an Advent knit or a mystery sock!

First up is the Advent Scarf 2017.  This is something that has become an annual tradition that I have participated in for four or five years now.  Each day a new clue is released from December 1st through December 24th.  Each day is four or five rounds of knitting.  I have the first two days complete and am part way through Day three.  This year we are creating a colour work cowl - I opted for the smaller one as I knew that my month was going to be busy!  Here are my colours (although I may add some along the way - we shall see as the month progresses!



Second is the Chrismukkah scarf.  I dyed my own yarn for this and am thinking I will likely give it to my Mom for Christmas.  It has a lot of cabley goodness and will have clues released every other day (roughly) throughout Advent.  I have completed Clue #1 and have started Clue #2.  Clue #3 has also been released...  I am falling behind, but hope to catch up soon!

And third is a pair of Mystery Socks.  I have my yarn set aside and have freed up two pair of needles so I can knit these in tandem, but I have not had the time to cast them on yet.  Hopefully on Tuesday!

It has been a busy weekend and I am just now finding time to upload my post for today (at about 10:30pm)  I plan to take and post some progress pictures before next Sunday rolls around!

3 comments:

  1. I will enjoy watching all your mystery projects being revealed in their various stages. I hope you enjoy each one this last month of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love advent/christmas/hanukkah knit-a-longs! I love the colours you have chosen. Can't wait to see it unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I look forward to seeing your projects progress. I do love a good advent knit! Your colours are glorious.

    ReplyDelete