Sunday, September 9, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 11


Here we are with another week flown past!!  This week has been busy at work and I am beginning to suspect that this is my new "normal"...  Oh well, the money is helpful in keeping me in the lifestyle I have become accustomed to!

This past week I have been monogamous and in being so I have finished my Flibbertigibbet socks!!  I love them!! 


And I am ready to cast on something new.  I have only three WIPs!! and they are each not good for travel and knitting away from home, so I need something mindless (and I don't feel for a pair of vanilla socks at the moment!).  So I have a skein of yarn that I played around with and dyed into a long, gradual gradient that I will be using to make myself a Sockhead Slouch Hat.  I plan to start with the darker and finish it at the crown with the lighter shade.  I plan to make the slouch as long as necessary to use up most of the yarn! 


This upcoming week I plan to work on my Sockhead hat when I am away from home (and have time to knit while away...) and I also plan to get some more work done on my other pair of cabled socks from Tour-de-Sock.  I worked a few rounds on those yesterday, but not enough to be able to see a difference from the last time I posted pictures.  

7 comments:

  1. Loving the socks. The cuffs are so pretty. The patterning in the dock gives so much interest too.

    Your hand dyed yarn is pretty. A slouch hat will be the perfect way to show off yhe gradient coloring of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Sockhead in my queue for quite awhile. I have yarn pulled out (but not wound)....maybe I should start that one. It would be nice for potato chip knitting (meaning I can do it without looking, generally).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, the Flibbertigibbet socks look great, well done on finishing them!

    The hand-dyed yarn is very pretty, looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful gradient you achieved. It should make a gorgeous sock head hat. I was just looking at that pattern the other day....I so enjoy a mindless knit for when I want to watch t.v. I need sock yarn though....I keep making socks with it! LOL! There's a sockhead cowl too!
    Your socks turned out so pretty...they look like "Sunday go to meetin' socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name of those socks! - They look intricate and I love the cuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The socks are adorable. Flibbertigibbet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your socks but I just can't say the name, for whatever reason. LOL. Anyway, they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete