Sunday, September 16, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 12


Back for another update!!

I was hoping that I would have finished my Bicycle Race socks by today, but I didn't quite make it.  I did make some serious progress, but not enough.  Maybe for next week!  My progress from the last time I posted is from the blue markers!  Here is where they are now:


I spent some time working on my Sockhead Slouch Hat and have made some great progress.  I am getting into the next color from the gradient and am excited to see what it looks like after a bit more is done on it.  I am also almost ready to switch to the plain stockinette portion.  I have maybe a half inch to an inch left to do of the ribbing.  Here is what it is looking like:


And I started a podcast yesterday!!  I have been mulling over doing this for some time now and finally took the plunge!  Come on over and take a look when you have a moment!  Like and subscribe if you enjoyed it!  I am hoping to post a new video every week (or every two weeks if life is too busy) and am aiming for something between 30-60 minutes.  It is mostly about knitting! Here is a link:






20 comments:

  1. I've made several Sockheads, which I call SockhEEds for some reason! They take F- EVA!!!! I will check out the podcast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are slow going, but are perfect for times when I need a mindless knit!

      Delete
  2. Just heading over to the podcast. Love the colour of the socks and the hat looks lovely and cosy already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check out your podcast - Well done starting something new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bicycle race socks are lovely... so much intricacy I can see that they wouldn’t be the quickest knit!

    Very brave of you to start a podcast! I can barely manage to string together a weekly blog entry ;-/ You have a very nice clear speaking voice! I’ll try to tune in occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about starting the podcast for a couple years now! Thanks for the compliment on my speaking voice ♥

      Delete
  5. I so enjoyed your podcast, Karen! I look forward to more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat that you started a podcast! Great first episode. :) Loving the beads on the bicycle race socks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got in today..strange as yours was the only one I couldn't access yesterday. I was ecstatic when you said you were podcasting!!! I have thought about it but I would have to be the poor little Church Mouse because I can't afford all those pricey yarns! LOL! They would get tired of my slow progress too. I can't wait to go watch you tonight! How exciting! Can you hear me cheering for you? You go girl! BTW, I love your socks too but I just can't wait to go and watch your podcast tonight! Also, the Sockhead hat sounds like it is right up my alley...yours is so pretty in that color. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy a lot of non-pricey yarns! I use a lot of Knit Picks and try to buy on sale when I can :) Hope you enjoy watching! ♥

      Delete
  8. Oh, another newbie podcaster! I was thinking about giving that a try all the time, but did not get to it. I love yours! And I also really like the colour of your bicycle socks. (And I am so glad I found that group!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did quite a bit on your socks. There is so much detail would imagine it takes quite a bit of concentration to work on them. The slouch hat looks so warm and cozy. Loving that gradient yarn too.

    I have your podcast marked. I really like watching podcasts from people I am more or less acquainted with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on your first podcast - I vote you frame the single sock - it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I may just use the single sock as art ♥

      Delete