Thursday, February 24, 2011

Spring Break (early)

So the University is winding down for spring break (begins at 5pm Friday) but since my classess and office hours were done by noon today - my break begins early :)  Actually I only plan to take a few days of down time and then I need to focus on getting some writing done and some articles submitted.  Monday morning I will head back to the office and focus on research without the distraction of teaching and students for two whole weeks!

I am still slowly working on the border of the baby tree afghan.  I hope to get a few hours in on that this afternoon.  And I have a bunch of tails to tuck in...  A bunch as you can see...




In other crafty stuff I need to get back to my socks once this afghan is done.  I joined along with a challenge on Ravelry (Year Long A-Z KAL) to make 26 pair of socks in 2011!  I must be mad!  We are allowed to begin one new pair corresponding to a new letter of the alphabet each two week period.  So far I have completed my A and C socks, am ready to start the gusset on both B socks, and have cast on D.  I need to be ready to cast on E beginning this weekend!  I somehow doubt I will be able to keep up the pace for the entire year, but worst case scenario is that I have several new pair of socks :)  It's all good!

Here is my progress on my B socks:

B is for "Be Mine"

No comments:

Post a Comment