Friday, April 3, 2015

C is for Crochet


I learned to crochet many years ago.  Both of my grandmothers crocheted and I was taught the basics by them when I was young.  When I was in my 20s I picked it up again and did a fair bit over the years.  My favorite things to crochet are quilt-ghans - quilt designs adapted for crochet.  These afghans are made with little mini two round granny squares and then stitched together.  Over the years I have made quite a few of them!  Two of my favorites to make are full size "Around the World" quilt-ghans and baby size "Nine Block" blankets.  Here is a sampling of a few I have made over the years:






2 comments:

  1. I learned the basics on crocheting around the age of 18, from a friend. After that it's been self taught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from A-Z Blogging Challenge. Beautiful quilts! I can knit but although I have tried many times have not been very successful with crochet.

    ReplyDelete