Sunday, September 3, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 10



Back again for another weekly update!  I have not much to show this week other than my Tour-de-Sock Stage 5 completed socks!  These were a fun knit and I love the final product.  Here they are:



The second picture shows the beads and cables quite nicely.  The second sock has the bead color placement reversed.

Tour-de-Sock Stage 6 - the final stage in the challenge - was released earlier this morning.  It called for four colors - so I set to work dying yarn to use in hopes that it would work well.  I decided on a yellow and purple to dye (the two main colors).  For the smaller contrast colors I am using leftovers of the blue I dyed for Stage 4 and some bare.  I'll be casting these on later this morning!  The socks look amazing, but I am not sure if I will finish in time - these beauties involve stranding with three colors in a row...  I suspect that might slow me down a bit!  Here is a picture of my colors - purple and yellow are my main color and contrast color with blue and bare being my two highlight colors.


Then, once these socks are complete I will knit something NOT socks!  I may switch to crochet and work on catching up on my BAMCAL squares, but time will tell.  I suspect I will have nothing to update next week except my Stage 6 socks, but we shall see!  Until next week!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to seeing how those colours work together. I have only just recently 'discovered' the joy of working with hand dyed yarn - gorgeous. I haven't got into the dyeing part myself though. Those cream socks look amazing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the stage 5 socks. The colors you have chosen for stage 6 socks are going to be great together. Looking forward to seeing them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on tackling all the stages and I love the colour combination of purple and yellow. I am inspired by how when you want a colour you just set off and dye some yarn. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stage five socks are stunning and I can't wait to see your next ones, they will be glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen :) Your socks are just lovely, that design is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful socks they are! Stunning and complex looking. I love your colors for stage 6 and can't wait to see those going. Yes, I imagine you are ready to give sock knitting a rest for a bit! LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow the pattern on the Stage 5 socks is beautiful. And beads?!? What fun. The colors in the yarns you'll use for the Stage 6 socks is terrific. Looking forward to seeing those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your Stage 6 socks those colours are fantastic! I specially love the yellow. Your stage 5 socks are so intricate and yet in the white they have a elegant look, such a contrast to the next pair that must be great for holding interest throughout the challenge.

    ReplyDelete