Sunday, August 27, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 9



Nine consecutive weeks I have managed to post my update (and on Sunday too!!)  I am impressed with myself!

The first week of school went well but it did cut into my knitting time!  Such is life in the real world :)

So I managed to finish my Tour-de-Sock Stage 4 socks, but not by the deadline to get a point for completion.  Oh well.  I had challenged myself to complete all six stages during the allotted time, but missed on one (so far).  But, I did finish it within several hours of the deadline.  Here are my Stage 4 socks:



I reversed the colors in the second sock and love the look!  The blue is my own hand-dyed and the white is bare yarn.

On Thursday afternoon the Stage 5 sock pattern was released and I have been working on those since.  I have made some decent progress!  I have until September 3rd to finish them!  I love the cables and beads!!  What fun!!  Here is a progress picture (I am reversing the bead color placement on the second sock):

Front

Back
If I am honest I am getting a bit burnt out on socks!  Once I finish the Stage 6 socks I suspect I will take a sock break for a little while!!

5 comments:

  1. You are awesome with your tour de sock projects! I love the blue too and your latest with cables and beads are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your socks are awesome and I love the latest with cables and beads! I don't blame you for wanting a break from socks. I always have some on the needles but no deadlines....just relaxing knitting. Have a great school year and I hope we don't lose you because of it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reversed colors of the socks. That is so much fun! And how fun, too, (and satisfying) it must be to use yarn you dyed. Yay, for nine weeks posting! :) I'm impressed, too, considering the start up teaching during this time. No pressure, but like Sam mentioned, I hope we continue to see you as the school year progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love how you reversed the colours, very pretty Karen! :) The white pair looks so old fashioned and very delicate. Your the sock queen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhhh your reverse socks are so pretty. Great idea to reverse the colors. Your new socks are gorgeous. I really like the cables and beads. Never thought of using beads on socks. What a great way to spruce them up.

    ReplyDelete