Sunday, August 20, 2017

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 8



Another week has flown by and I made some progress on my projects!  Things are picking up at university so my crafting time is reduced now.  The semester (classes) begins tomorrow but the past week involved a bunch of meetings and organizational things that needed to be attended.  I may not be making as much progress as I had been for the past couple months, but I will be keeping at it!

First I finished my August alternate square and my August Main square.  I am happy to be all caught up on my BAMKAL squares!!  All of these squares need a good blocking!!




The Tour-de-Sock Stage 4 design was released late on Monday night and I have focused mostly on that since!  It is a mosaic design and I am enjoying the knit!  I have not made as much progress as I would have liked but since school is getting back into swing this might be my new normal...  I dyed the blue yarn myself and am using the bare yarn as the contrast.  The second sock will have the colors reversed with a blue cuff, heel and toe.  Here is my progress so far!  I hope to complete them by the deadline on the 24th so check back next week to see if I made it on time!





6 comments:

  1. Working really does get in the way of craft time. I really like the sock. What a pretty design and the colors are perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sock is wonderful. I love mosaic knitting! Well done on your hand dying - beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the sock is wonderful! And the squares look very nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed with what you have accomplished as a new school semester is gearing up. Hopefully, you'll find crafting calming as your schedule gets full, and issues, no doubt, will arise. Beautiful squares and socks, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL .. When I saw your opening sentence I thought I was on my own blog - we have used the same opening words!! I love the pattern in your second square and of course envy anyone who can knit socks. Hope you can make the deadline. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you...I wrote a n ice long comment and then hit some button and it was gone so I'll keep this short....I hope you continue to post although I know a career can really wreak havoc on crafting time! YOu squares are so nice and teh sock is gorgeous but looks very complicated! Good job and you even dyed your own yarn! Amazing! Have a good first week and a great school year!

    ReplyDelete