Monday, April 16, 2018

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 42


Oops!  I am late by a day this week - I think for only the second time this year around!  Still keeping myself on track and posting weekly though and I am so amazed that I have keep going with this so consistently this year!!

My week has been busy!  I have only worked on my Sock Madness socks this week and have touched nothing else!  But I do have a finish to report!  Actually that is why I am late posting this - I wanted to finish my Sock Madness socks before posting and then it turned out I finally finished my socks around 11pm... I now know how to knit brioche and I like it!!  I don't think my color choices were the best - not quite contrasty enough...  Oh well!  But they are done and I am still in the running!!  Round 3 will begin in about a week from now (Round 2 finishes on Friday at 7pm). 


This week coming up I plan to work on my Rowe Cardigan and my Impressionists Shawl MKAL.

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful socks, Karen. I love that pink speckled colorway. And I think your contrasts look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those socks. The one on the right really shows the pattern too. I might have to look into brioche knitting. I really like the texture it created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not taken the plunge into brioche, but congratulations! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven’t tried Brioche yet, and i’ve never seen a sock pattern in Brioche but it looks great. I think you have enough contrast... but I tend to like low contrast colourwork ;)

    Congrats on making it to round 3!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on hanging in with sock madness. You gooooo girrrllll! Here I am cheering you on! Rah Rah Rah.

    btw - I like the colour of your brioche socks very much.

    ReplyDelete