Sunday, April 29, 2018

Seventh Year of Projects - Week 44


I can't believe how close to the end of the YOP year we are getting!!  And I can't believe I have consistently posted for so many weeks!!

This has been a productive week.  I started and finished my Sock Madness Round 3 socks!  The pattern was released on Sunday morning and I cast on in the early afternoon.  I knit like a fiend and managed to finish by 1am on Friday morning!  This might be a record for me to knit a pair of socks!  I managed to finish fast enough to make the cut and to advance to Round 4!!  I was the last one to cross the line and move ahead!  I took spot #20 of  20 places!  Next round will have only 10 advance - I am not sure I am fast enough to manage that, but we shall see!  The pattern was fun and really did knit up fast!  Here is what they look like:


Once my hands were rested a bit (not really, but...) I got back to my Impressionists MKAL shawl.  I finished the third clue and am now working on the fourth (and final) clue.  I have eight rows left to do (ranging from 514 stitches to 534 stitches per row...) plus the cast off.  Right side rows increase by 4 stitches and wrong side rows increase by 2 stitches...  The cast off is a picot bind off and I am considering adding beads to the picots!  I have a bit of time to decide on that before I cast off.  I hope to have this one done and blocked for next weekend.  I had hoped to have them as a finish for today, but I didn't make it...  I can't wait to have this off the needles!!  The picture is all scrunchy and bunchy since it is on a relatively short cable (especially for the number of stitches).  My progress since the last update is from the green marker.


And I want to spend some time with my Rowe Cardigan this week coming up!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to round 4. You certainly did knit those socks super fast.

    You really did make quite a bit of progress on the shawl. When you figure a pair of socks was completed and the to be knitting over 500 stitches per row..........that is a lot of knitting.

    Looking forward to seeing if it is done next week....and the bead idea sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lacey bits on the front and back of the Round 3 socks are really cute. The name of the KAL (Sock Madness is taking on a new meaning as you've explained more of the process of the KAL this week.
    Or maybe I'm just now paying attention.) So only the top 10 will go on? I'll be pulling for you, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! Also, congrats on making it to round 4! I love your shawl and your socks. The shawl is pretty with the striping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on advancing to round four. That is an awesome accomplishment. I love you impressionist shawl. I have seen a few but I love your colourway the best so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it to the 4th round! We're pulling for you in the next round, it sounds like quite the challenge! I do like the pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very beautiful and so lovely socks :) i like your good idea ,Thanks for the inspiration!

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete