Sunday, December 16, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 25


Welcome back to another week of my Eighth Year of Projects!!

This week I have focused on two projects: my Advent Scarf and a new design.

My Advent Scarf has seen some progress but I am falling behind schedule a little bit!  I have completed the clues to the end of December 12th.  I plan to get onto that again later today or tomorrow and will soon be caught up again!  Here is what it looks like now (my progress this week is from the orange marker and each of the other markers shows the end of each day's clue)


I have spent the past few days working on a design that will soon be published!  The deadline is today!  I need to finish up the knitting (almost done!), fine tune the written pattern, and get some pictures of the finished object!  Here is a (poor quality) picture for you to see - I'll be able to post better pictures later!


I won two lots on an online auction earlier this week!  I won an antique J. Farnham spinning wheel!!  It needs a bit of TLC but is is wonderful condition considering it's age (likely from the early to mid 1800s!)  and it should be up and running fairly easily (I hope). 


I also won a few other random items which include several vintage (maybe antique?) items.  I have posted a couple videos about everything I won if you want to go check it out!

And I have been keeping up with Vlogmas!  Please feel free to check out my playlist with all my vlogs.

I also have posted a new podcast - episode 14!!


12 comments:

  1. You have done well with the Advent scarf. I am still on Dec. 3rd! SO I am quite a bit behind. Like you, I am loving it. Your design looks very interesting. Love all the texture of it. Now for the spinning wheel...........WOW! That is gorgeous. Even if it didn't end up working, it would really add interest to a room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both scarves are looking great, I haven’t knit a scarf with such interesting designs before. Very smart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! One is a scarf and the other is a sock - it is just photographed at a weird angle.

      Delete
  3. I watched the video, and your antique spinning wheel looks really nice, Karen. I look forward to seeing what you spin on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your advent scarf is lovely. I hope you got your design finished in time, it looks great. I really enjoyed seeing all of the treasures you found in the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the advent scarf and did you win a life size spinning wheel or that tiny one? Either way you're a winner and doing great. Aren't you also getting your grandmother's spinning wheel? Or did is that someone else? Anyway, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got both spinning wheels in the auction :) The full size one was one item and the small one was in a box of other goodies I bought in one lot. I also have my great grandmother's spinning wheel. Merry Christmas to you as well ♥

      Delete
  6. So jealous about your vintage wheel - it is scrumptious! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete