Sunday, September 13, 2020

Tenth Year of Projects - Week 11


This week has given me a fair bit of progress on my newest project!


Ongoing works in progress:
1) Tegna - this is a summer sweater by Caitlin Hunter.  I cast this on June 28th and in the past week I made only the tiniest bit of progress on it.

2) Bouncy Ball Baby Blanket - I  made some fantastic progress on this blanket this past week.  Actually I made enough squares for one and a half little baby blankets!  Here is the story...  I was planning on a 6x6 square blanket (or 7x7 if I had enough pink yarn).  Each square is seven inches across.  I made 20 squares before I ran out of the white yarn I had, so off to Walmart to buy more (since that is where the original yarn came from several years ago).  Bring home the new white yarn to find it is completely different in shade...  The old had a blueish-gray tint to it and the new is a bright white.  sigh.  I was just not happy with the two together - old and new white - since they had too much of a difference in color.  So I started again and made 36 squares with the new white yarn.  Now I am ready to start sewing the squares together and I am expecting the blanket will be done for next week's installment!  PS - I'll use the 20 old white squares on another blanket. I plan to make more squares in different colors and have them more contrasty!




I just posted a new video on Saturday in case you want to check it out!  I would be so happy if you subscribed to my little channel ♥




Please head over to the forum on Ravelry to see what others are up to with their YOPs!

9 comments:

  1. Quite a few of my knitting friends made the Tenga. Your baby blanket if so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colours of your blanket, and I have to admit I like the bluish tint of the "old" white better but chances are if you don't mix the square you'll be the only one to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW............who knew whites from the same manufacturer would be so different. I too, like the blueish one but you have to work with what you can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing how "white" isn't just white, isn't it? Same with black ... I had a customer look for a black shirt to match her black jacket, and lo and behold, her jacket was a green-ish black while the only solid black shirt in my entire store was more of a blue-ish black and didn't match the jacket at all. Anyway, the blanket is lovely and will be a perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dye lots are always confoundable! But you really made quick work of getting all those squares worked up. I can't wait to see it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far I've been very lucky when I've had to go back and purchase more yarn. Glad you figured out a Plan B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How frustrating, you’d think white would be consistent in shade. At least you’ve made a great start on a second blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting to me that even with white dye lots can be soooo different. And hey, now you will have two blankets to gift, or keep, or just admire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing that a 'white' could be so different! Glad you managed to sort it out though.

    ReplyDelete