Sunday, September 20, 2020

Tenth Year of Projects - Week 12


This week has given me a finished object and some great progress on one of my WIPs!


Finished Objects:

1) Bouncy Ball Baby Blanket - It is all done and I love it!!  I had hoped to do a thin pink border around the entire blanket but I did not have enough yarn left...  Oh well, a simple white border looks fantastic!  I am ready to pop this into the mail on Monday or Tuesday so that it has plenty of time to arrive before the baby's due date of September 30th!  I really do adore this pattern!!  


Ongoing works in progress:
1) Tegna - this is a summer sweater by Caitlin Hunter.  I cast this on June 28th and in the past week I made a lot of progress on it.  I have now completed the back and have picked up the stitches to do the front portion above the armpits now (and have done several rows).  I am really hoping that this will be a finished object soon, but I am beginning to be afraid that I will run out of yarn!  When I began the front I have about 22 grams of my second last hank of yarn!  I have one more 50 gram hank left and am worried that I will not have enough to complete the remainder of the front plus the two (short) sleeves.  I will keep knitting until I run out (or finish).  If I run out I will contact the person on Facebook from who, I bought the yarn in hopes that she still has a couple skeins left (I bought this yarn from her over a year ago...).  If this fails I will contact a few people on Ravelry that have some of this yarn in hopes that they might be able to sell me some (a couple do have some listed for sale and several also have some in stash - but possibly not for sale).  Keep your fingers crossed that I have enough to finish!!


I just posted a new video on Saturday in case you want to check it out!  I would be so happy if you subscribed to my little channel ♥


Please head over to the forum on Ravelry to see what others are up to with their YOPs!

10 comments:

  1. Playing yarn chicken? Good luck with it, hope you win. The baby blanket looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby blanket is fabulous! Good luck on the yarn lasting until you have completed the entire sweater. That is always a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket is darling! The pink really pops against that white background.

    Keeping my fingers crossed about your game of yarn chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for your Tegna! It's a beautiful color. I knit size XL and I used just about 3 full 100g skeins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is hoping you win at yarn chicken and failing that I hope Ravelry peeps will have just what you need to get some more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blanket looks super cute. Congrats on getting it done on time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Bouncy Ball blanket looks great with a white border. Looking forward to seeing it in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby blanket is so sweet! I faved it as it look like a fun pattern. I love your sweater and I hope you find more yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bouncy ball blanket is lovely, a perfect gift. I definitely have my fingers crossed for Tegna, it is such a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so late commenting that I guess you may already know if you won or lost at the yarn chicken. Fingers crossed it worked out.

    ReplyDelete