Monday, December 7, 2015

Advent Calendar Knitting - Days 4, 5, and 6

More Advent knitting!!  I am having so much fun with this!  It certainly is a nice way to set aside some down time each day.  I haven't had a chance to update in a couple days so I am updating with my progress over Days 4, 5, and 6.

Socks: 
Day 4 - Sock A - We chose our color based on when we first joined Ravelry.  I joined in October 2007 (wow 8 years already!!) and the color for that year was red.
Day 5 - Sock A - Chose a color based on your favorite charity.  Two of my favorite charities (Doctors Without Borders and Samaritan's Purse) use red as their color - and since I just used red I needed to choose something else.  So I closed my eyes and grabbed a scrap stash and got a variegated lime green yellow. Lime green is a color for Mental Health Awareness - another good charity!!
Day 6 - Sock B - Today we were asked to watch a bit of the Norwegian Independence Day Celebrations and Ball. The first gown we saw was to be the color we use - I was late and didn't get to watch the live streaming version but clicked one of the links posted and watched for a ballgown. The first one I saw was a bright blue - I had just the scrap in my box of scrap stash!

Here is what my socks look like now:


Scarf:
Onward!!  I have five skeins of yarn that I bought for this project and I was not sure if it was going to be enough.  So I decided if one skein of yarn lasted through the end of Day 5 I would be safe since there are only 24 days.  So I ended up playing yarn chicken with my skein and I managed to win by 4.5 inches!!  So I am happy to know I will have enough yarn!!  Here is what my scarf looks like at the end of Day 6!



No comments:

Post a Comment