Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Advent Calendar Knitting - Preview

I managed to get myself signed up in time to take part in TWO Advent Calendar knitting adventures!  I must be crazy!!  The first will be a cable and lace Estonian scarf and the second will be a pair of colorwork toe-up socks.  I am so excited to get going.  The scarf is an off-shoot from the Sock Madness knitting group and the pattern is Cables and Lace Advent Scarf 2015The socks are Sock Scrap Yarn Advent Calendar.  We will get daily pieces of the pattern each morning beginning December 1st.  

For these projects I have the following yarn:

1) Scarf - Frog Tree 

The true color is more blue. I hope to capture the color better later!
2) Socks - scraps galore!!

Some of my sock yarn scraps!  I probably have more...
We also have one early clue for each.

1) Scarf - the initial cast on including the first six foundation rows.  Here is what mine looks like:


Yes those are toothpicks pinning the edges down :)  LOL
2) The socks had the instructions for beginning the toe.  Since I just found the sock group yesterday I have not had time to complete the preliminary part.  I'll get that done today!

One of the goals of these projects is for each of us participating to spend a little time each day to relax and do something just for ourselves during this often hectic time of the year.  My plan is to spend some time each morning (preferably) with a nice cup of tea and my knitting.  I imagine it will allow me about 30 minutes each day to relax and enjoy my yarn.


No comments:

Post a Comment