I have decided to join the Sixth Year of Projects blogging adventure! I joined up in the very First Year and managed to get a few projects done. I again joined the Third Year and suspect I accomplished even less. And I joined up for the Fourth Year and Fifth Year too and was not so successful. Now I am joining up for Year 6 and we shall see how I do! I am convinced that I overestimated my ability to finish up all the projects I chose! I want to focus mostly on my own designs and I also have a couple other WIPs that I will work towards completion! My projects are mostly knit, but also some crochet, counted cross stitch and quilting (plus more maybe!!) I am posting my "before" pictures of what I have in progress (with a few exceptions...) I also plan to post these updates earlier in the week in the future (I just got back home last night after being away for two weeks).
So, without further ado, here is my list/plan:
My Designs and dying:
1) Herding Cats Double Knit Headband
2) Herding Cats Double Knit Socks
3) Herding Cats Stranded Socks
4) More design ideas!!
5) And hand dying yarns!
I want to use up my excess acrylic worsted weight yarn and plan to do so making some items for charity.
1) Comfort blankets for my local pet shelter
2) Baby afghans for our local pregnancy resource center or Project Linus
Other WIPs to finish:
1) Sock scrap-ghan
2) Coffee Cantata (Sock Madness 10 Round 6 socks)
|Seriously why did this turn on it's side??|
3) Diamondback Socks (Tour-de-Sock Stage 3 socks)
Other craft projects:
1) My first attempt at quilting! I have the fabric cut (thanks Mom!) for a table runner for the communion table at our church and will be getting going on this project soon (I hope!)
2) Counted Cross Stitch horse design that I started over ten years ago and have not worked on for about two years now... Time to dust it off and get some work done on it!
And I need to get some organizing done...
1) Drag out ALL my yarn tubs. This requires sending hubby up to the attic to send the tubs down to me. The tubs need to be emptied and inventoried on Ravelry. I have not done this in a couple years so it is a bit willy-nilly right now...
2) Organize all my designing notes into a binder instead of it being here and there and all over the place...
3) Go through all the print outs I have generated over time and save the patterns on my computer instead of taking up space in binders and piles all over the place (well, mostly on the bookshelf and in a few piles here and there.
We shall see just what I manage to accomplish over the year. I hope to get at least a few things crossed off this list! I know I will certainly add things to the list and will make all sorts of things that are not listed, but here's hoping that a few things are crossed off! Oh well, all in good fun!
Come check everyone else out over here!!