Saturday, April 2, 2016

B is for Block-a-Month


Several years ago I joined up with a crochet block a month challenge.  Each month three patterns for crochet squares were released and we spent the month working on the ones we wanted.  There was a main 12 inch square, an alternate 12 inch square, and a six inch square.  I stumbled upon the 2016 challenge the other day and have decided to jump back on the bandwagon - a bit late, but not overwhelmingly late!  I have decided on yarn that I have in my stash already and I think I will end up with two or three baby afghans that I can give away at later dates - either to friends when they have a new baby or to charity.  Here are my two yarn combinations that I plan to use.  This afternoon I will get going and play catch-up since I am just starting now...

Afghan #1

Afghan #2

Several years ago I ended up doing the main 12 inch squares and two six inch squares each month in teal and aran and the alternate 12 inch squares and two six inch squares each month in shades of purple with white and after a year I ended up with two pretty single bed sized afghans (which I gave away to charity).  Here are those two finished afghans:



1 comment:

  1. Love the afghans! Also, good for you for donating them to charity. I love to crochet, but I just don't have the time. I can't crochet while my daughter is awake because she is 2 and would have too much fun with the yarn. When she is older I plan to get back to it. I look forward to more of your posts! Enjoy the challenge. Cassie from Mommy, RN

    ReplyDelete