Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P is for Painting


And now for something completely different (from my usual knitting or crochet related blog posts).  P is for Painting!  In the past year or so I have tried painting for fun.  I have no formal training of any sort and have just experimented.  It has been a lot of fun!!  I ran out of watercolour paper and the canvases for acrylics so I have stopped painting for the time being.  I think I need to order or buy some more supplies so that I can use painting as a reward for finishing up this semester!!  I also need to decide what to do with what I have painted.  I listed some on Etsy and sold a few of the greeting cards I painted, but I need to decide what to do with the rest.

Here are some samples:

Watercolour Greeting Card

Watercolour Greeting Card

8x10 Watercolour


Abstract Acrylic

Abstract Acrylic Flowers

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if that's a common jump -- knitting to painting or another art form -- because I've done the same thing. Out of nowhere I decided that I wanted to learn how to sketch and it's going well. But now, like you, I have to decide what to do with all of the things I make!

    Cheers, Stephanie

    http://www.svcambria.com/2016/04/p-is-for-provisioning.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I wonder if it is a common leap? One day I hope to take some classes :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful sketches. I especially like the horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is one of my favorites too :)

      Delete