Sunday, October 7, 2018

Eighth Year of Projects - Week 15


Hello for another week!  I hope everyone had a nice week and got lots of crafting done!

I had a fairly productive week, although work took up quite a bit of my time!  I managed to get a few more rows done on the sleeves of my Rowe Cardigan.  I had honestly hoped to finish the sleeves this past week, but didn't...  Oh well, maybe this week I will get them done!  Here is my progress - from the green marker up:


And I made some progress on my Sockhead Slouch Hat.  I moved on to the next color now.  I need to practice dying gradient yarns - this isn't really a "gradient".  Oh well, I still love the colors!  My progress from last week is from the blue marker.



And I got my yarn all dyed up for the Texture Time Mystery Shawl.  The first clue was released a few days ago but I have not cast it one yet.  Maybe I'll do that this afternoon.  Here is the yarn I dyed (the pattern also includes a fluffy yarn, but I forgot to take a picture including that...



I posted my latest podcast yesterday:


And I have posted each day so far in October for Vlogtober!!  If you have not had a chance why not check them out??  They are each less than ten minutes long and this morning's vlog includes alpaca butts!

Time to get moving here!  Have an amazing week!!

8 comments:

  1. Those colors you have chosen for your mystery shawl are beautiful. I would be so afraid of a mystery KAL. What if I hated the item when finished? What if it was a knitting technique I had never done before and had no clue how to do it? You are so brave to do them. I enjoy watching your items come to life. Just call me chicken little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarns you dyed! Especially the purple and the pink one! I am really curious to see what this Stephen West shawl will look like. I am not a fan of mysteries, but I like a lot of his designs very much, so I might cast that on when it is not a mystery any longer and you can see a little more what it will look like. Can't wait to see your cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work on dying your yarns - they will look beautiful in your mystery knit I am certain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you do it all? Dyeing your own yarn too....you;re amazing woman! I still have to go watch your podcasts...I will this week...last week I was glued to the senate hearings. Beautiful sleeves! Love the hat too and color of your yarn. I can't wait to see your shawl in those hand-dyed yarns! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knits are coming along, but wow - the dyeing is really impressive. I love all your colors. I look forward to catching up with your vlogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice colour combo, I look forward to seeing it when its done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your Rowe is coming along. And your gradient is gorgeous. Can't wait to see your texture time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so admire people who dye their own yarn. The lack of precise control freaks me out! Love that Robin’s Egg Blue!

    ReplyDelete