Monday, April 4, 2011

2nd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week - Recap & Thoughts

I just finished participating in the 2nd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week and I must say I enjoyed it tremendously!  I kept up all week posting, although I did some of the writing a bit in advance and then updated the draft post before publishing.  I have thoroughly enjoyed reading other posts as well and I still have many left to read!  I got a lot of great ideas for new things to post about in the future and have thought of new ways to incorporate different things into my blog.  It was a very rewarding experience participating in this past week's adventure! Thanks to everyone who participated and thanks especially to Eskimimi for organizing this!!

Now to plan my next project: Sojourn Falls Scarf  This will allow me to try a new technique - adding beads to my knitting.  This is something I have admired in other projects I have seen and it is about time I try it myself!  I plan to use some Knit Picks Palette yarn in the color Lilac:
And I bought some beads at Joann's yesterday.  They are a pretty purpley color with a pinkish-purple inside.  I think they will look very nice! Here they are:

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely pattern, it'll look great in that lilac colour. I love the scarves/shawls with beads in. Can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete