I have been contemplating my WIP list and am slowly realizing that I can't keep up with so many projects. Something always gets neglected. I think I really need to pare down this list so that I don't feel overwhelmed by it and so that projects don't sit around patiently waiting for me to remember that they exist.
Here is a list of what I have on the needles and on the hook and where they are at:
1) 12 Days of Christmas - Day 4 - this project involves making one square each month so it is not as daunting as some others - although I have yet to cast on my April square. This entire afghan will be completed by December.
2) BAMCAL 12 inch square - this is a monthly square so again it is not too daunting. This entire afghan will be completed by December.
3) BAMCAL 12 inch filler square - this is a monthly square so again it is not too daunting. This entire afghan will be completed by December.
4) BAMCAL 6 inch square (four of them) - this is a monthly square so again it is not too daunting. This entire afghan will be completed by December.
5) G socks (ready to turn the heel on sock number two)
6) Mindless afghan - this is a long term project that I do not anticipate finishing for a couple years. I am making it with scraps of yarn from my socks (and other fingering weight scraps). I have not done much on this in the past few months. I really do need to make an effort to work on this a few hours every couple weeks.
7) Raspberry Dreams Stole - I have been working on this since last fall. I brought it out the other day and did some on it but I found my stitch count was off. I honestly think I will frog this as it has given me nothing but grief since I began it. I don't need to work on something I do not enjoy. I have plenty more to work on instead!
8) Around the World Quiltghan - this is a commissioned project that must be done by the beginning of August 2011. I need to keep it in a regular rotation so that I make sure it is done on time.
9) Pet snuggles - this is something that I am working on off and on. It is simply a way to use up a lot of my acrylic that has no other purpose. There is no pressure or stress in making these when I want something totally mindless and easy to do. That being said, I have not done anything with these for several weeks now...
10) LTK (working on LTK 53 right now) - this is a project that I have been working on since January 2009. It truly is about time I get this done. But as other projects that catch my eye come along, it gets put aside (again).
11) Sojourn Falls Scarf - this is project I started last week - note there are ten other projects ahead of it on the list...
12) Spring Leaves Scarf - again this is a project that I started last week and again I should have held off and finished something else first...
13) I am also in the process of keeping up with the 26 pair of socks in 2011 challenge. This involves starting a new pair of socks over two week intervals over the year. I am set to cast on another pair last week (I am behind...)
Plus this is the busiest time of the academic year for me. I probably don't have time to be doing all these projects... Oh well, May will be here soon and then I will have some more breathing room! Once May rolls around I plan to map out just what I need to do on all these WIPs so that I can get them under control. Or at least that is my plan. If anyone is still reading this novel - what are your suggestions??