Friday, August 2, 2013

FO Friday (August 2nd 2013)



WOW a finish two Fridays in a row!!  Don't hold your breath on this trend continuing!  But here's hoping that I do have some more finishes to report.

Anyway, on to my finish!  I signed up for Sock Madness this spring and amazed myself with how far I managed to get!  I was knocked out in Round 5 with Zip.  I put it aside for a while to work on other things (particularly Tour de Sock and vacation time) and got back to it recently.  These socks were a bit of a challenge for me.  Adding zippers in while knitting was a bit tricky and awkward for me, but I must admit to loving the finished project!  The socks are quite nice and once the zipper was in the rest of the sock was a nice easy knit.  The finishing touches took a bit more time than usual (to tuck in some extra ends and to attach the button).  I also decided to use a bright zipper - why would I go to the trouble of knitting a zipper into my socks if they are not visible??! Am I right?

Here is a link to my Ravelry project page.

Outside of the leg

Inside of the leg
My usual picture of completed socks
Close up of the zipper
Close up of the inside of the leg

I am pleased to have these all done! To see more finished works please head on over to Tami's Amis.


2 comments:

  1. They look brilliant! You did a great job with the zip. Love the design and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, if you are going to the trouble of putting a zipper into socks then yes the feature should stand out. Lovely socks they are quite special

    ReplyDelete