Thursday, November 10, 2016

NaBloPoMo 2016 Day 10


Today I decided to make a hat for a dear friend of ours.  She is a young lady (18 years old I believe) and she has just undergone a bone marrow transplant.  She had to undergo chemo and because of the treatments her hair has come out.  We are hoping to go visit her in the hospital this weekend (it is about a two hour drive from where we live).  Her Mom posted some pictures on Facebook about her hair mostly coming out in the past week.  I have scrounged through my yarn stash and found two skeins of Bernat Alpaca.  This stuff is incredibly soft and the color is gorgeous (the color is Persimmon).  The hat is a simple design called Scarlet.  I almost finished it!! I started with a needle size too small (largest circulars I own) and then switched to double point needles instead.  Those slow me down as I am so used to magic loop!  I am working on the decreases at the crown and it will be done (after I tuck in the two tails also).








No comments:

Post a Comment