Monday, May 23, 2011

C is for "Creativity"

Welcome to my third post in the ABC meme.  To see more of these please visit here!

This week I want to consider creativity.  First off I need to thank all of the great designers who create the patterns that we all dearly love!! 

I would like to try my hand at designing one day.  My latest passion is socks and I am considering some ideas for sock designs.  Maybe something lacey or with cables or both!  Maybe what I should do is sit down, shut up, and try!  I also like making scarves and that is something else I have thought about designing.  Maybe one day!!

Off to read other blogs for C :)

7 comments:

  1. Designing is FUN in the sense that you can do whatever you want without being constrained to one pattern. I started designing young and it was because I stunk at reading patterns *laughing* when I hit a hard part I'd just work around the problem rather than working through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do envy and appreciate the creative and artistic talents of anyone who can design. It really does amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I "design" things, mainly when I don't follow the pattern properly, and come up with something entirely different! Just give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say go for it!! It's lots of fun! I have a few designs on my blog and it is such a "picker upper" to see other people making what you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet that if you stop and think about it you are designing things all the time, stuff you wouldn't normally recognise as 'design'. Once you start to recognise that, then you can just keep developing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like Pinkundie I "design" when I don't follow the pattern very well - mostly on Afghans/Throws though. Give it a go and I may follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would agree that if you don't follow the pattern properly you are definitely designing something. But I would say if you want to design something from scratch socks are quite good, becuase if you know the basic construction you can go wild!

    ReplyDelete