Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday (May 25th 2011)

I am late today in posting my WIP-it Wednesday report.  I managed to get some work done on my ATW this week - I added 32 quares to the afghan and made another 27.  Not as much as I would have liked but progress is progress.  I also completed sock number one for my H is for "Hug me" socks.  I need to finish sock number two this week so I can free up the needles for another pair of socks :)

My other major Work in Progress that I plan to report here weekly is not of the crafty sort but a WIP nevertheless.  I NEED to lose some weight!  I am at my highest weight ever and am not happy with that (although I do love my food and am lazy - not a good mathematical equation there folks!)  I need to lose something in the order of 100 pounds (yikes!! Did I really admit that out loud???)  le sigh...  So each Wednesday I will report how much weight I managed to get rid of since the previous Wednesday.  Next week June 1st will be my first report to everyone who cares to follow me.  I welcome all sorts of words of encouragement and support.  I also welcome ideas, suggestions, motivators, recipes, and anything else you can think of (kicks to the rear will also help).  I will appreciate any encouragement provided :)  Anyone else care to join me???  I also need to add in more exercise.  I used to do well with that but have become lazy...  I know I'll feel better if I just get moving, but...  Here's to a good WIP report next week!!

To see more posts like this please go on over to tami's amis

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weight loss! I started trying to lose weight at the beginning of the year, but I've stalled, and have gone back to my old ways of eating chocolate and no exercise - I blame birthdays!! So I've no tips for motivation - I need some myself!! :D But I found the main thing for me was exercise and lots of it. I'm not so good at dieting, but if I exercise enough, the weight does come off eventually. I don't think I'm brave enough to join you in blogging my weight loss, but I'll join you in doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you! My advice is have visual rewards like gold star stickers for everytime you work out or do something positive. You'll feel so good when you see a calender full of stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a brilliant idea to mix WIPW with losing weight as well. We'll keep you honest. ;) I think you should have a reward system as well. Maybe for every so many pounds you lose, you get to buy a skein of yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there. Trust me I know what it's like to need to lose 100 pounds. I lost 70 pounds last year and need to lose another 70 or so to be at a decent healthy weight. It ain't easy so I'll be here to cheer you on.

    Advise - Join SparkPeople.com. It's 100% free and they have all sorts of awesome tools including a nutrition tracker and fitness tracker FREE. It's like weight watchers online mixed with myspace... and totally free. Love it. I blogged there for the longest time about weight loss. They also have a huge recipe database you can use without signing up: sparkrecipes.com

    If you do sign up, look me up - I'm Cris76 there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a good idea to challenge yourself on your blog and reach out for support! I agree with the above commenters: set reasonable goals, reward yourself, and make use of one of the free websites. I've used myfitnesspal.com and nutritiondata.self.com. Meanwhile, don't be too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete