Tuesday, May 31, 2011

D is for "Discovery"

Welcome to my fourth post in the ABC meme.  To see more of these please visit here!!

I am a day late getting this posted but inspiration about what to blog about hit me lesterday late in the afteroon.  D is for the "Discovery" of a new hobby (or two)!!  Letter-boxing and geo-caching.  Now I know these are not new to many people but hubby and I checked it out for the first time yesterday afternoon!  What fun!!  I had heard of geo-caching and have wanted to try it for quite some time, but letter-boxing was entirely new to me!  We located our very first letterbox but we don't have a notebook or stamp yet so we just read through the other entries and put it back in it's hiding place.  We will go back and enter our stamp into the logbook and stamp our book once we get our kit together.  We also located our first geo-cache yesterday too.  What fun!!  I think I prefer the letter-boxing but they both are fun! Plus it makes me get some exercise so that is a bonus!!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping me discover two new things. I had never heard of either one and had to google both. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this is a US thing or something that happens here in Australia as well....might have to hit google & find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled letterboxing because I had never heard of it. How cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have geocached for a while (although not this year, sadly). It is a very fun hobby. I never got into letter boxing though.

    To Christine: Geocaching is global :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive heard of those but never knew what it was. id love to hear more. glad you found a new hobby to share with a SO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I never heard of either of those. They sound pretty good fun actually!

    ReplyDelete