Monday, May 9, 2011

A is for "Around the World Quiltghans"

Today I am embarking on a new meme - every Monday will be a post that begins with another letter of the alphabet and there is a group of us taking part in this adventure.  Check out everyone elses posts over here!!

For me - A is for "Around the World Quiltghans"  This is a great afghan (in my opinion!!)  The pattern can be found here.  I have made several of them.  They are also an example of acrylic awesomeness!!!  All of the afghans pictured below are made with Red Heart Super Saver :)

Here is the gallery:

These all involve a HUGE number of little granny squares!  Each granny square is about 2.5 inches and there are a total of 2948 squares used to make these four afghans (and I am currently making another one which will have 1225 squares)  That makes for a TON of tails to tuck in!!  But I love making these :)

Hope you enjoyed :)

8 comments:

  1. Those quilts are great! I *adore* that purple one. I'm going to have to learn to crochet so I can make myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Karen. Very eye catching. I started one ages ago & think I have maybe 6 little squares done :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... so many squares! The thought of all the little tails gives me a headache... good for you!!! Looking forward to your ABCs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty! I love the colors on the first one. I can't imagine seaming all those squares and weaving in all those ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very pretty. 1225 squares? That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing! I can't even imagine all the work you put into them. Also, I think you sold me on Red Heart. I had no idea it came in so many beautiful colors.

    Great start to the ABC series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am so impressed! You do beautiful work, great post!

    ReplyDelete