Tuesday, November 21, 2017

WIP-it Down Week Thanksgiving 2017 - Day 6



Today is NaBloPoMo Day 21 and Day 6 of my self imposed WIP-it Down Week.  I am amazed to be on the final third of the NaBloPoMo challenge I set for myself!  After today - only 9 more posts to go!  And I am about half way through my WIP-it Down Week!

Yesterday I spent my time working on my first BAMCAL afghan.  This one will be 4x4 twelve inch squares in size.  I think it will make a nice small afghan for some charity.  I suspect I may donate to Project Linus again.  I am happy to say that I managed to get all of the first afghan sewn together.  All that is left to do now is add a border!  I may put that on my schedule sometime before the Thanksgiving break is over since I know I can turn this into a FO quite easily now!  Here is a picture of what it looks like now:


It needs the border and then it will need a run through the wash to even out the squares (rough blocking with acrylic yarn!)  I am not 100% happy with all the squares, but I really want to stay true to the spirit of the Block a Month Crochet Along group.  I will admit that this year they selected several squares that were very challenging and it was not completely up my alley this time around.  The first time I did this in 2011 the squares were simpler and I think I enjoyed myself more with the challenge.  Maybe I'll wait another six years before I do another challenge!

Today the plan is to work on the three BAMCAL November squares that I have waiting for me.  Only the November and December squares to go and this year is in the bag!  


2 comments:

  1. Super Pretty! I am sure the charity will be thrilled with this little gift.

    ReplyDelete