Saturday, June 11, 2011

DIY Sock Blockers

Today I made myself some sock blockers.  The store bought ones are way too expensive and I am all about trying to economize when I can.  I followed this fabulous tutorial and here are some photos of my project:
I have all my supplies and instructions ready (the placemats are on the chair...)
Transferring the paper pattern onto cardboard (a cereal box) so it is easier to work with and I can test it for sizing

The sizing is good so now I have the pattern taped to the placemat (note: size ten feet require two placemats...)

All done!! They are really cool!!!
Now to finish another pair of socks so I can use them :)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I'm not sure why, but I've never considered taking a stab at this on my own! Until now, of course!

    ReplyDelete