Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wip-it Wednesday (June 15th 2011)

Another WIP-it Wednesday report!  I made some serious progress this past week on the three pair of socks I was working on.  Check out where I was last week and see what progress was made!  I worked on nothing but them all week! 

First up are my I is for "I Shall Name Them George" socks.  I just turned the heel on the first sock last night and I am now working my way up the leg.  I am thinking I am not too fond of short row heels.  I like they way they feel on my foot but they are not easy for me to do...  Maybe more practice will help!

Next up are my J is for "Julie's Soft Socks".  I finished the first sock and am only a few rows away from starting the heel flap on the second sock!  This is in a heavier yarn so it moves along quicker.  Someone asked last week what yarn I used - it is something called Gala Spider - a polyester nylon mix made in Turkey.  I got a bunch of this stuff for $0.99 a skein!

Finally here is my progress on my K is for "Knitmore Girls Vanilla Socks"  I have turned the heel and am working my way down the gusset on the first sock. 

Over the next week I am going to focus on my Around the World quilt-ghan I am making for a friend.

And my weight loss - I am down a total of three pounds.  I lost the weight I gained while I was away and am back on track now!

To see more WIP-it Wednesday blogs please check out Tami's Amis!!

16 comments:

  1. The socks look great. I have found the YOYO heel a much better short row heel, it is easier to do and gives a nice finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colorway on the K socks. And I'm really impressed you got so much done on socks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Socks, socks, socks! Looking really good! My favourites are the "I shall name them George" I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much progress on the socks!! And well done on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome progress!!! I love the George socks colors - that is right up my alley! I knew you'd lose that weight - congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks are great!! I am not a fan of short row heels but I suspect it is because I have only done a few. They probably require practice like most everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they all look wonderful... beautiful colours and I love the names!

    ReplyDelete
  8. talk about sock-tastic! I love the yarns, they are all knitting up beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your socks look lovely!!!

    PS: Check your messages over at Ravelry when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lotta socks! Almost makes me want to put down my crochet hook and pick up some tiny DPN's. Almost. =)

    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made stellar progress. They look great

    ReplyDelete
  12. The socks look great, congratulations on the weight loss as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really looking forward to the quiltghan - it looks like an amazing project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have made progress on all of them. I'm very impressed! Great job on the weight loss too. That didn't take long to lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the yarn of your K socks. Lots of socks going on there.

    ReplyDelete