Monday, June 27, 2011

H is for "Hoarding"

So I thought I would spend my blog today talking about Hoarding.  Our place needs a serious tidy-up.  Hubby and I are packrats but while we don't quite fit into the hoarding category in general there are some areas where we might fit that category.  We tend to keep a lot of paper stuff and we have more stuff than space to keep everything...  I have all sorts of cards from people from over the years and wonder if I really need to keep them, but I don't really want to get rid of them.  Maybe a good project for me would be to scan all of them and keep them electronically.  We also keep admission ticket stubs from entrance to events and stuff like that. This all takes up too much space.  Maybe these are more things that can be scanned??  Hoarders we likely are not, but we do have too much stuff.  Time has come to pare down and decided what to do with things we just don't use or need.  Tough to do but it's getting time to do it anyway. 

7 comments:

  1. I like putting my admission tickets, programmes etc in a scrapbook, saves on space and it looks really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have special meaning things that we just can't seem to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing. I wish I had scrapbooking skills. I guess I could just glue the stuff into composition books. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, you have my sympathy. I try to be strict, but there are things I just can't part with. Books especially. It came to a head when the bookshelf on the landing came through the dining room ceiling. Good luck with your clearout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally hear you!! I feel guilty to get rid of things. My husband is better than I am though and isn't as sentimental... would you like to borrow him to help you destash your stuff? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to keep heaps of stuff as momentos, but not anymore. I figure if something is stored away in a box or cupboard & not seen/used there is probably no point in keeping it. There are exceptions of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a ticket album for putting things like concert tickets and entrance stubs, it has little pockets that are the perfect size for storing them, and it means they don't get lost.

    ReplyDelete