Wednesday, November 8, 2017

NaBloPoMo 2017 Day 8

Day number 8!!  Yesterday I managed to clean off my desks a bit and made them look a bit better than they did yesterday, but they still need more work.  I plan to spend some more time tidying this area up as I have a couple art projects I want to work on!

Yesterday I did my daily temperature scarf rounds and that was about it for crafting for me.  In the morning I like to check the high temperature from the previous day and then spend a short while knitting the two rows for the last day.  If I keep up doing it this way I don't get behind! 

Hubby and I had a busy day yesterday and I had no real time to craft...  I am still resisting the urge to cast something new on!  The only thing I think I will allow myself to cast on soon are the BAMKAL and BAMCAL squares.  Those qualify as WIPs :)  Really they do!

I had a chance to browse the clearance section at Hobby Lobby and I found some fantastic art embellishments!  I love clearance sales!!  I got $60 worth of goodness for $20!  I am excited to add some of this goodness to my mixed media projects!  Here is what I came home with:


The second clue in the Mystery Sock Along was released overnight.  I have some confusion about where the beads need to be placed so I am waiting on clarification on that before diving in.  I'll likely spend this evening working on that!

And later today or tomorrow (likely tomorrow) I need to block my Mystery Shawl so that I can call that project 100% complete!  I also have a few little ends to weave in on that project too.  I have a goodly bit of leftover yarn from that shawl - one skein of sock yarn was not enough and not much of the second skein was used.  I am itching to cast on a pair of fingerless mittens to go along with it!  I am eyeing up the Aegwynn mittens - I think they are lovely and this yarn would work nicely!

2 comments:

  1. What great finds you found in the clearance aisle at HL. I love that store. I would love to see a photo of your temperature scarf. I jave thought about doing a shawl in temperature colors. I am fascinated ny your mixed media artwork and look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, blocking - I seem to put that off so my projects sit at 99% complete!!

    ReplyDelete