Thursday, November 23, 2017

WIP-it Down Week Thanksgiving 2017 - Day 8



Today is NaBloPoMo Day 23 and Day 8 of my self imposed WIP-it Down Week. Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!!  I hope you have an amazing day.

I spent the majority of the day yesterday working on my MOCKs.  The final clue was released overnight and I found it when I crawled out of bed in the morning.  I managed to get a lot done on it today and am very happy with my progress!  Both gusset decreases are complete and I am moving down the foot on the first sock.  Here is what they look like now:


Today I plan to work on BAMCAL stuff.  First up I need to finish a few more rounds on the border of the first afghan so that I can call it DONE.  My original plan was to work on assembling the second BAMCAL afghan and I think I may hold off on that for a bit until all the squares are complete - that way I can make sure there is a nice balance of squares and colors.  I will join up all of the 6 inch squares into their larger part (I made four of each 6 inch square so I can simply join them to make extra 12 inch squares to fit with the rest of the 12 inch squares).  Once I have those 6 inchers attached to each other I will move on to working on the last of the November squares.  All of this is assuming I have time to do all of this.

We are not travelling for Thanksgiving nor are we having anyone over.  Hubby will be working the midnight shift so he will be snoozing a good part of the day.  I am cooking a small Thanksgiving type meal for us - roasting a chicken and making potatoes, stuffing, and some sort of veggie (likely corn) and also an apple crisp for dessert. 




2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Karen. Loving those socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving from here in Canada. I love those yellow socks - the cable is so interesting with the beads. Enjoy your yummy dinner.

    ReplyDelete